Last night, I hosted a #GracoSafety SnugRide Click Connect 40 party at my home. Fifteen women from the Philadelphia area came over to learn all about the new Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40.
Special thank you to Stephanie Glover, of Stephanie Glover Photography for providing photos from the event.
It’s the ONLY infant car seat that provides rear-facing protection for babies from birth to two years old.
Why is that important?
The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends that babies be rear-facing in their car seats until two years of age. I confess, I turned my son around when he was 12 months old, but as soon as I get this installed, I am going to change him back to rear-facing.
Parents, toddlers are more than five times safer riding rear-facing in the car. FIVE TIMES SAFER.
Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 Demo
Lana Sweeney, a certified car seat technician in New Jersey, was on hand to show us all how to properly fit a child in a car seat.
We also got to check out some of the new safety features on the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40.
Like this one – 8 reclining positions to allow for more leg room while your child grows – all while keeping him at the proper angle for safety.
Watch this video to see how the SnugRide Click Connect 40 8-recline position works.
One of my other favorite features is how easy it is to adjust the harness straps. As your child grows and needs the harness straps higher, the SnugRide Click Connect 40 makes it easier than ever for parents to adjust. No more re-threading and wrestling with straps!
Check out this video to see what I mean!
Here are some other important things to know about the The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40
- The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 has one-click technology – easier for parents to transition from car seat base to stroller.
- The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 also has a headrest us parents can adjust with one hand!
- The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends babies be rear-facing until 2 years old. The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 is designed for that!
- My fave feature? The Simply Safe Adjust- no more rethreading harness straps when the seat needs to be adjusted!
- The base adjusts with 8 recline positions to keep your baby comfortable as she grows.
- The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 is the ONLY rear-facing infant car seat that accommodates babies from birth to 2 years old.
- Available at Babies “R” Us and retails for $219.99
More Safety Recommendations For Children in Car Seats
- Always make sure to read all of the instructions before installing your car seat.
- Always register your car seat to receive important safety recall information.
- Also to keep your kids safe, there should be no loose objects in the back of the car because they can shift and fall on your child. Those cute little toys that hang on the handle? A big no-no. That mirror you use to see your babies face? Could come loose in an accident.
- Middle, passenger and driver side for positions safest (in order).
- Never use LATCH and belts together. They can counteract.
- When positioned correctly, there should be at least 1 inch between the top of your child’s head and the top of the car seat.
- There should never be more than an inch movement once the seat is installed.
I learned so much about the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40. Thank you to Lana Sweeney for joining us at the #GracoSafety party, and a HUGE thank you to Graco! Everyone who attended the party got a Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40.
I will be turning my son back around with the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40. Stay tuned to find out how it goes!
I received a Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 to inform and review. Opinions are my own. Special thank you to Stephanie Glover, of Stephanie Glover Photography for providing photos for this post.
The Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 – the first and only newborn to two-year infant car seat that actually grows with your baby from four pounds all the way up to 40 pounds. The car seat is designed for a parent on the go. The infant car seat can be easily removed from the base and used as a carrier when the infant is small, providing portability and convenience so you can easily move your infant in and out of the car without disturbing them.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recently made the recommendation to keep all children in rear-facing car seats until the age of 2. Graco set out to make this product so parents can keep infants rear facing longer while still keeping them comfortable.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Graco. The opinions and text are all mine.